Saturday, July 31, 2021

Begin Again

Good Morning, My Friends,

I hope you're safe and well.  It's been such a busy summer.  We moved to a new house in June, my work was very busy in June and July, and here we are about to celebrate a family wedding in August.  Whew, summer.  

I've had a message on my heart this week--and it's this--it's ok to begin again.  

Many of you know I've struggled with body image since the quintuplets were born.  After gaining 100 pounds and carrying 5 babies 32 weeks, my body has just never been the same.   

I've tried walking, yoga, macro counting, and then there's always emotional eating that comes into play.  I just can't seem to get to a place where I'm happy with my body.  I honestly can't remember the last time I felt beautiful.  That sounds a lot sadder that it seems in my head, but it's true.  

But, today's message really isn't meant to be about me.  I've started going back to yoga to help find some inner stamina in the whirlwind of today's life, and my favorite teacher told us that we shouldn't be afraid to begin again.  Reset.  Refocus.  Begin again.

And I thought--that's me.  I'm restarting yoga.  I'm resetting my focus.  I'm restarting my healthy eating (again) in hopes of finding peace with my body image.  Maybe I should share this message with others--it's ok to begin again.  We should see it as a reset. Refocus.

As I was talking to my mom the other day, I realized she too has had to begin again.  After my father died, her life dramatically changed.  But, God gave her a verse the other night in Psalm 68 that "He defends the widows."  What a beautiful sentiment.  As she moves into a new home, God will defend her as she begins her new life without my daddy.  I'm so thankful for that.

So if you're in a place in your world, where you need a fresh start, even if it's just in a daily habit, don't be afraid to begin again.  There's freedom and beauty there.  We begin again to welcome change and hope for a better tomorrow.  

Some updated photos:








 

No comments:

Post a Comment