Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Baby Registry


Once we reached 24 weeks (yay for viability!),  I decided we needed to get on this whole baby registry idea.  Mom and Dad came for a visit at 24 weeks to celebrate (and clean our apartment).  We had a great visit and Mom took me to Babies R Us to look around.  Granted, at this point, I'm in a wheelchair, but browsing was fun nonetheless.

It was then that it started to dawn on me.  We need FIVE cribs, FIVE car seats, FIVE spots in a stroller, diapers times a MILLION, wipes times TWO MILLION, and what about clothes? Or bottles?  Or that booger sucker thing?  Holy cow.  What have we gotten ourselves into?

I took Michael back to Babies R Us the following week to start a registry.  It's odd..when you start a registry at one of these stores, they ask you the baby's gender.  In doing so, Michael and I looked at each other.  Given that we have four girls and one boy, we said "both" in response to the gender question.  That began one of MANY strange looks the dear customer service agent gave us.  Given that their registry only goes up to four children at a time, there wasn't a way for us to register the "normal" way, but we gave it our best shot. 

We walked around the store, totally bleary-eyed.  Michael held the registry gun awkwardly as we wandered the store, hoping someone would magically appear and tell us what/how many we needed.  They didn't.  We registered for a Diaper Genie and went to dinner at Outback.

So much for my big plans.

I put on my big girl panties the following weekend and started researching/reading.  We finally established complete registries at Amazon and Babies R Us.  I still have no idea if I registered for the right/wrong things.  For all of you moms out there, take a look.  Let me know if I'm doing this all wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment